The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #11
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: vFacts October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
Its getting a bit off topic but Asia includes a lot of countries. Over 10% of the Aussie population were born in Asia. If you include people that were born here that have Asian heritage, India and China alone are over 10% so it could be close to 20% of the population with Asian heritage. That is a reasonable chunk considering this is a western country.
I know we’ve moved on, but to quote Jimmy Carr, “I wish I could let it go but I just can’t”, the census in 2016 reported that the total number of people reported as being born in a country classified as Asian is as 10.3%, and the total number of people reported as being born overseas is 26%. That includes England who account for over 30% of that total alone.

Like I said, immigration is concentrated into the cities. Move out of them and you get a much more accurate picture. It doesn’t account for Toyota’s dominance. They just have a crazy broad range that do what they do well enough to keep people coming back.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: