Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-07-2020, 11:05 PM   #1
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 'Rona Super Cashout Auto Investment Competition

During the Coronavirus pandemic, the government has allowed people to cash out an amount of superannuation, ostensibly to help with living costs if salary is impacted.

Instead, people seem to have gone on a rampage of buying toys and camping equipment. As a result, we can see this in the market and prices of desirable Aussie cars are up across the board at the lower end.

A theoretical exercise, a Gentleman's competition:

Pick which car will appreciate the best, that can be bought within the price range now. A rough timeframe to see who does best is period of 2 years after the Rona year 2020. You don't have to buy it for real - nope, kudos goes to who has the best sense of what will appreciate. There are two categories for this mind-exercise:

1) I cashed out 10K two years in a row, so my budget is 20K
2) I only cashed out one year, so my budget is 10K

Establish the market price now, and see where it goes. For example, with ED XR6's going quickly at 8K, I'm kicking myself I didn't pick up a good one in the last couple of years at 5K.

Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0