Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
excalibur1491

Default Spring noise in the clutch?

Hi,

as I mentioned earlier in another thread, I just bought a Ford Fiesta Zetec 2006.
I have to get it serviced at Ford on tuesday because its on the books, it was due two months ago (its the 105000km service, it only has 96000, but the previous service was more than a year ago). I'm not unhappy about that, I prefer getting it checked by Mr.Ford while on warranty.

Nevertheless, this morning I drove it a little bit to get used to it and I heard a spring noise in the clutch when I lift my foot, everytime. Its very annoying not because of the noise, but because I feel the car is crying lol.
The car I was driving just before was a 2011 toyota corolla, so I assume all was nicer and smoother because of the age... The Fiesta feels like a wild animal still to get domesticated under my feet lol

Is this something I should be concerned about? I was planning in doing around 300km this weekend (and obviously Ford is closed for Easter). Do you think I should reconsider my little trip?

Thanks.
excalibur1491 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post