Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
chuckles
formerly lorosfalcon

Default Springnats....... Getting close now

So, who has decided to make an appearance or enter in springnats for 2005?? i am making an appearance as an entrant for the first time, will be in show and shine and a few other events like dyno challenge and maybe go to whoa

chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was going to but the slack s#!ts never returned any of my messages so i don't know what events are on... but there is also the dyno day down in cranbourne i wanted to go and watch too.. im torn!
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mates an I gave up on that even years ago due to unprovoked attention. We moved onto drag racing as there is less hassle involved.

It's a good even provided your not entered in my experience.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #4
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

I'd like to go, but considering the number of tools that were there last time I went, as well as hearing of a few people who went and had their cars stolen while they were there... I think I'll give it a miss.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
302donk

would'nt waste my time!!! what a stuff up of an event it is
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 09:03 PM   #6
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've decided to go down to the Dyno day in Cranbourne with the ute, and spend a weekend in Melbourne instead. Never been to springnats, and it looks like i won't, i've heard more bad reports than good
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 11:47 PM   #7
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Yeah the COPS are just as bad up there...
Old 09-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #8
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Yeah the COPS are just as bad up there...
My friend, all the cops you speak of, come from your part of the woods for the weekend. They arrive around Thursday, so all hell breaks loose from then till Sunday. By Sunday, they have filled the revenue Quota, and recide back to the city. I live up here, and I can tell you it is rediculous how hard they are on cars....then they wonder why the public have a negative reaction to them.
People have had their cars defected for smelly trees hanging from rear vision mirror(obstruction), off colour brake fluid(defective brakes), low level brake fluid(defective brakes), washer bottle 100ml under min capacity(Must hold at least 1.1litres I think), 5mm too low, sand blasted windscreen(obstuction), 0.4 db too loud(EPA..where do I begin!!!)......the list goes on.
I witnessed a new BA GT, all stock from apperance, stock suspension driven by 40+ year old, get defected for something. The poor guy just sat there shaking his head in disbelief. What for...I have no idea, but any money it was something pittyfull!!!!
A nex VX ute got rammed up the rear at a set of lights pretty bad one year. They pushed it to the side of the road, as this ute was trashed(tailgate around rear wheel arch) and when the police showed up, they decided that the crash wasn't enough for this poor fella, so they also slapped a defect on his car for too low. You tell me what was low in this case!!!!!!
It doesn't matter what car you drive, you are targeted, and if you have modded your car in any way, they will usually find something no matter how small it seems to be. My car is all good, but it doesn't leave the garage all weekend. They certainly know how to stuff an event up.
I have no problems for defects that are dangerous, as most of you would agree, but what you get defected for is just ridiculous.
The goverment just knows where to extract money from these days, that's all it comes down to, and nothing they say otherwise, will ever justify anything different.

Ahhh....... I feel better now!!!!!

AGRO.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 04:53 PM   #9
JD86
DELANY

i will be going for the first time this year, hope it is good fun, i will be goin up with my mate in hes worked 2L purple TE gemi wagon..

iv heard good and bad reports about the nats, so going for the first time to decide for myself..

i am guessing it will be holden dominated, which will be a pity, hope to see some mad fords there though..
Old 09-11-2005, 06:13 PM   #10
addo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_BOI
i will be going for the first time this year, hope it is good fun, i will be goin up with my mate in hes worked 2L purple TE gemi wagon..

iv heard good and bad reports about the nats, so going for the first time to decide for myself..

i am guessing it will be holden dominated, which will be a pity, hope to see some mad fords there though..
talk about mad fords just seen on their site that brett stevens is debuting his new ba burnout ute with over 2000hp at springnats hows that for mad :nutsycuck
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #11
JD86
DELANY

oh yeh sweet cant wait to see it there
Old 18-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #12
addo

just been told that gary myers has entered both the stangs and the silver bullet will have its first veiwing since being named street machine of the year.,also entered is daniel cassers awesome 32 roadster :1syellow1
Old 18-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #13
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

for the first time in 5 years...i wont be wasting my petrol to go to shepparton to get a canary. I've never seen such a good event killed off by the boys in blue....and there all melbourne's finest!
Old 18-11-2005, 12:52 AM   #14
addo

and yeah forgot about a all new stang coming down from sydney to make its debut at springnats. (have seen pitures and is fully sick) :
Old 18-11-2005, 08:38 AM   #15
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by addo
and yeah forgot about a all new stang coming down from sydney to make its debut at springnats. (have seen pitures and is fully sick) :
Good onya Les :
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #16
302donk

Quote:
Originally Posted by addo
talk about mad fords just seen on their site that brett stevens is debuting his new ba burnout ute with over 2000hp at springnats hows that for mad :nutsycuck
It has been a round for a while now since hidden valleys v8 round num skull
what stag from sydney? and i would have thought that daniel cassard wouldn't waste his time to go to a sh*t event as springnats
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #17
addo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302donk
It has been a round for a while now since hidden valleys v8 round num skull
what stag from sydney? and i would have thought that daniel cassard wouldn't waste his time to go to a sh*t event as springnats
strang on was finished this week are you sure you know your fords from studerbakers donk :