Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #3141
prydey
Rob

Default Re: New to cycling

i always planned to do less km's this year than the previous few. was up over 6500 last year and i thought i'd back it off to around 6000. this is basically just part of the balancing act of being a parent and spending time on the bike. my kids are getting older and circumstances change and it gets harder to justify disappearing for long periods. towards the end of the year i've started riding in the evening/night more, which i actually really like.

as the year got toward the halfway point, i started to drop behind where i needed to be each month but thought i'd be able to claw it back once the weather improved. it just didn't happen. i do shift work and have been finding it increasingly difficult to get out on the bike. just really lacking motivation. i still enjoy riding but its hard to force yourself out sometimes esp when its solo rides.

i'd like to get at least a couple more rides in this year. not sure it will happen.

also i still enjoy the odd smash on a strava segment, but i try to enjoy my riding a lot more, which often means just backing the pace off a touch. i'm right on the edge of suburbia so get to ride in some fantastic countryside and its very good for clearing the head if you just get out, and don't worry about times etc. easier said than done sometimes. Strava has a lot to answer for!
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: