View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #462
x351

Default Re: Wheel & Tyre combo's - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie351 View Post
Hi does anyone know of any suppliers that can supply Chrome 12 slotters 15 x 10 with 5 or 5.25 inch back space?
I would like original centres so that the small hubcaps can be fitted as well.
Will also require a matching set of 15 x 8 slotters as well. I haven`t worked our the back space on the front yet but have 15 x 8 Pro Stars on my sedan and will just measure them.
Back in the early 80`s I had a set made up by Bonnerup wheel works in Perth but they are no longer around.
When I had them made in the 80`s I bought a set of Standard GS rims from an XY which had the lugs to attach the Hubcaps.
Bonnerup wheel works cut out the centres, had them chromed and welded them onto chrome hoops at the Specified Back space.
Amazingly the chrome wasn`t damaged bu the welding.
I think I had to wait a while for the right Hoops to arrive,
I want to have some more made the same way.
I have worn my fingers out polishing alloy wheels.
Any ideas of who can do this or can supply the wheels already made?
I'm also in Perth and about 2 years ago I had a pair of 15x8 12 slotters made by Summerfield Rim Conversions. They used to be in Kenwick and called Summerfield Engineering, been around for about 40 years but when I got mine I met him at his house which is in Kwinana. Tell him what offset you are after and he will make them up to suit. The guy's name is Rob and his number is 0400 801 204

I can't remember the price offhand but I do recall it was reasonable. I supplied 14 inch wheels for the centres and he put them in 15 inch rims. Had them powdercoated afterwards and looked great.
x351 is offline   Reply With Quote