View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 12:32 AM   #48
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Re: Internet diversions from COVID-19 whilst WFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yes, knew of Stu and Brooklyn very well, lived on board our yacht SV Felix there (Sandbrook Inlet Marina actually) for 3 years.
Very famous pure white sandstone quarry is at Wondabyne, only accessible by rail or barge. We would mountain bike from Kariong, over Woy Woy rail tunnel (longest tunnel in the Southern Hemisphere) down along walking track to Wondabyne station. One of the few stations where you still hail the train to stop, to get back to back to Hawkesbury River Station.

Yacht has bilge keels so would sit on the bottom at lower tide while the finger berth would keep floating.
Beautiful place.

Youtube wise "Idiana diesel" has some great stuff too, he is "Bus Grease Monkeys' son. Dangar Stu went to the US and met them to learn more about Driptroits.

edit..... I can relate to Stu as years ago in my 20's I converted a wooden ex trawler into a liveaboard Hawksebury river cruiser, long before the "Net" I to taught myself wooden boatbuilding skills and fitting out.
I've been refreshing a Sabre 22 for the last 8 months... got her on the water to learn how to sail last month, we got up to 11-12 knots in some dubious weather on the first trip with a mate. Took the wife and family for the second trip and pulled up at a deserted beach for a swim. Pure gold!

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote
11 users like this post: