View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #78
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Ford Australia’s record $10 million fine for “unconscionable conduct” over dodgy transmissions

One of my uncles owned a petrol LW Focus Trend sedan from new, and of course fitted with a Powershift gearbox. The car numerous trips back to the dealer for repair work on the gearbox and both the dealer and Ford Customer Relations explained it was his driving style that was causing the problems. This particular uncle of mine is the most careful and conservative person I know – it was hardly like he was driving it like a Ferrari! After three years of frustration and only about 40,000km, he traded it for a LZ Focus Trend Hatch, “aided” by a Ford goodwill discount.
Just today I find out the LZ Focus has broken down, on several occasions, and now won’t start. RACV called and informs that it will need to be towed to the dealer. Dealer can’t inspect the car for over a week and no lone car available. Ford Customer relations and the dealer basically tell him tuff luck, you will have to wait. Car will have to be towed to the dealer at his expense.
What annoys me is that with all the media and 10 million dollar fine, I would have thought Ford and their dealers would be bending over backward to attend to anything to do with a Focus, Fiesta or EcoSport in the name of customer relations. Instead, the same old rubbish continues as it always has. So my uncle, who was given the run around on his first Focus then took a financial hit and stayed loyal to the brand by buying another is treated like this.
He will now, after effectively having been a Ford man for life, never buy another Ford product again. And I’m sure this sort of action will be echoed by the many thousands that have been involved in this gearbox drama.
Most people that know me or follow my posts on here would know, in most cases, I would defend the Ford brand to the grave. I’m a Ford man to the core, have only ever owned Fords. But this makes me so angry that it has me questioning why I would or should ever consider buying another Ford in the future. I can’t believe how out of touch Ford Australia and their dealers are when it comes to customer service and the viral nature of the media, and social media in particular.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: