View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #71
stev3n

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Lining up at the checkout at woolies behind a lady, who is on the phone. The checkout person will say "that will be $xxx." Takes her time to finish call. Remove bag put in phone, throw bag over shoulder. Then watch the light bulb illuminate above her head, ahh thats right I'm going to have to pay for my purchase. Remove handbag from shoulder, proceed to rat through 15 kilos of crap to find purse. Re-position handbag on shoulder. Open purse to find card. Shut purse. The console operator says "do you have a rewards card?" Open purse again sift through 27 cards. "I know it's in here somewhere". Then phone rings, remove handbag from shoulder, sift through her bag again to find phone, put handbag over shoulder again.Yapping on the phone while looking for rewards card in purse with one hand. "here is the rewards card". Finally pay the bill. Replace cards in purse. remove handbag again, chuck in purse. handbag on shoulder. Continue yapping on phone, too busy to say "thanks" to checkout chick. Remove bag again, put in docket, repace bag. Look away from checkout while wingeing on phone, finish call, remove bag, put phone in, bag on again. I greet checkout person with a "hello" but she has no where to put my items as lady has not loaded her trolley.I load my trolley directly, instead of having my items placed where it is easy for the operator. So said lady loads trolley finally. She gives the operator an animal like grunt and an evil glare as if to say "Don't rush me".
At last she has gone or so you think.
I have cash out ready to pay. "do you have a rewards card?" I am asked. "No" I reply in a friendly tone. Collect my change, say "thank you, have a great day" and wander over to the smokes counter.
Guess who is at the smokes counter? She looked disturbed having to interrupt her phone call to tell the girl what type of smokes she was after. Too busy for a hello, a may or a please. Repeat entire payment performance. Again too busy on the phone to say "thanks". Heard her winging to someone on the phone that "no I can't do that there are not enough hours in the day".
Get my smokes with a please and thank you included and my shopping is complete.

I see her again in the car park. Guess who is too busy to push her trolley 12 metres over to the trolley storage area? Instead she spends 30 seconds positioning it in such a fashion that it wont start rolling down the slight hill at that precise moment.

I think a suitable punishment would be for her to be pulled aside and watch a video of her shopping performance over and over for a few hours. Then go and collect all of the trolleys that others are too busy to put in the holding bays.

I normally go shopping at 6am when there is no-one else around. A payment by cash only lane would be a plus.
stev3n is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: