View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #42
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Default Re: The Camping Thread

after reading all this thread and seeing the best of and least of camping set ups... i realised that over the years if i did meet friends or family at a campsite, i took me and used my back seat for bed and 2 pieces of fly screen for air flow.. which started off my OCD Justin Travel Box) mini tackle n handline, wind up 'D-word' radio/torch, jump leads which evolved over the years to jump pack to recently a jump pack with compressor (overkill spending spree ..another sympton of my BPD which i am able to have better control of these days thanks to options like receipt free Clubplus type cards, so i will be returning it soon), rain ponchos, an asbestos suit (full cover for on-side-road-repairs regardless of attire) rope, water, and old mobile phone in a piece of polystyrene in a zip lock bag for carefree boating, freeze dried food bars n milk powder.
now that I'm recently separated from my partner, i sold the 'DREAM' off road full aluminium checker plate camper trailer that we purchased in 2011, that i finally put to good use as a granny flat in parents carport after our separation, for a few months, but only camped overnight in once) it had every accessory that camping is NOT about (for the missus) including toilet and electric shower wardrobes shelving sorage draws, dc tv/dvd, innerspring queen mattress, gas n electric options etc approx $10g+ worth (if trailer was purchased new) paid 4g all up 2nd hand 2yo 2009 model used once, so twice it went camping n sat unregistered for 4 years before i sold it 3 months ago for $3500 accessories still unused.
on reflection... WOW! swag only sounds good