View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 05:14 AM   #3
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I'm not a camper (tents) but am about to embark on a camping weekend in a couple of weeks (anzac long weekend).

I have a decent tent (2 room, canvas) and used it a couple of times about 10 years ago, but it was a big gathering, a poor location and i hated it, and have hated camping since.

This easter, i dug it out of the shed and set it up in the back yard for the youngest to have a bit of a camp out. It must have planted a bit of a seed, because since then both my wife and I have decided that past experiences have probably clouded our judgement somewhat and if we go away with just our family to a nice camping spot in a national park or something, it will be a much more enjoyable experience.

i like the idea of being out in the bush, with nature etc, but i do like to have some amenities (yep, i'm soft), and it turns out, many national parks etc do have facilities scattered around.

this is my tent in my backyard.

unfortunately for my bank balance, this is pretty much all i have. need to buy pretty much everything else you need to go camping.

with this in mind, i'm keen to hear from anyone else who goes camping, tent style, and especially unpowered.

also be keen to see pics of your setups etc. what ideas you have for keeping things cold/frozen for up to 5 days? lighting setups.

had a wander through anaconda and BCF before work today and camping has come a long way since i last did it
I'll sleep n camp anywhere as long as i have a good intact fly screen and a top quality tarp that covers all the tent plus 4ft with its own poles n ropes and a couple of Pool Noodles cut up into 4inch pieces to place over the tent pole tips so tarrp doesn't tear (or pvc plumbing 45° angle joiners with hole drilled in inner bend to fit snug over pole tip) expensive but worth the cost to keep an expensive tarp in top condition, rain hail or shine