View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #48
skoobysGT

Default Re: FG series 2(MKII) reverse camera kits are now AVAILABLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASLTech View Post
I don't know how clear we have to make it? We state on the web page of our product clearly: THERE ARE SOME INSTANCES WITHIN THE TFT WHICH IF POWER IS DISCONNECTED FROM THE SCREEN DUE TO BATTERY REPLACMENT OR ICC REMOVAL THE SCREEN BECOME INOPERATIVE. THIS ISSUE IS EXPRESSLY NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ASL AUTOMEDIA PTY LTD. we even place a note with the kit advising of this specific for the FG MKII, we do not do this for any other product we supply but these screens are so unreliable we have to make sure we cover ourselves, but as it appears from your message you still do not believe it could be a failure in the screen after power removal from the ICC. We have daily calls from ford dealers (sometimes 10+), customers, mechanics and auto electricians who have removed the battery terminal or jump started there car or disconnected there ICC and the screens fails. You can contact any mainstream dealer and ask if they have seen this issue, you can do a google search and see this is a mainstream issue. When a customer comes to us for a fitment we make them watch while we disconnect the plug from the ICC and reconnect it as we see this issue so often we make sure they know it is nothing we have done. And FYI each one of kits is tested before sending, we use a specific wiring checker that individually checks each wire to ensure there are no shorts or other problems, The screen supplies power to the camera so again it is not like you are taking power from somewhere else and powering the camera. If you replaced your battery this problem would have occurred anyway. From what we are aware there is anywhere from 2-15 week wait for a replacement screen from ford screens as this fault occurs there is such a backlog. The people who you should be contacting and complaining to is Ford, they appear to be doing very little about this issue. Fadi has done nothing more than try to help you also, and for you to suggest our kit caused this issue is just unacceptable. Please return the kit for full refund, we will no longer be corresponding with you over this matter.

ASLTech
Thanks for your response.

Mate, the biggest issue I have with all this is the EXACT disclaimer you mentioned above. In it, you mention that in SOME instances disconnecting the ICC may cause damage to the screen but when I emailed Fadi about this a few days after, he said something completely different! He said this problem occurs all the time and that he has up to 20 calls a day in regards to blank screens.

If you had mentioned this in your disclaimer in the first place that this problem occurs that often, there is no way in hell I would have taken the risk. I would have just bought a reverse camera mirror kit from Super Cheap Auto for $60 and be done with it!

I think you guys should be more open in your disclaimer instead of saying only in SOME instances and then charge another $500 or so to fix the ICC unit when it stuff ups!

Thanks for the refund, but now I'm still going to be out of pocket to get a new ICC system.

Please be more upfront in your disclaimer.

Cheers
Scott

Previous ride: 2011 FPV GT 335
skoobysGT is offline   Reply With Quote