View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 05:04 PM   #65
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Have to comment here.
All the Century batteries I use have had no problems bar one which was a sealed lead acid battery used in a car.
I specifically order the larger type with the removable venting cap.
Serviceable type cells.
They are fitted in every vehicle I own including the smallest in the panel van.

Our little house is solar powered by 8 x N150 wide 11 plate non deep cycle
"Heavy Equipment" versions.
The motorhome has 2 x NS70 starting and 2 x N150's house batteries see above.
The boat we lived aboard for several years has the original 3 x N150s house batteries as above.
The oldest Ford Trader starts on a N120 as above.
The Kenworth has 2 x N120's through a series parallel starting system.

The old motorhome we lived and traveled in for 12 years had a bank of the same above and lasted as long as I had it.

Imo these are the best batteries I have used and have lasted years even while being in bulk/float charging state while not in operation. I would have a hard time being convinced to use anything else. Despite all the experts.
I guess keeping your head firmly wedged in the sand could work for you.

You clearly have not read any of these posts here of batteries failing after 5-12 months as well as the hundreds of online reports of the same thing. These people are not experts they are consumers of a product that is manufactured sub standard and does not perform as it is supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
There is no such thing as a maintenance free battery.
Read this back to yourself slowly and then slap yourself in the head.

You can not be serious, almost all batteries are maintenance free. It is almost impossible to buy a battery that is not maintenance free these days.

And you clearly missed the point that these issues are with recently manufactured batteries not batteries made 15 years ago.

No one really cares about your 10 year old boat batteries and motorhome or solar batteries when they are stranded in their car with a flat battery that is less than 12 months old 500km from home.....

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote