View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #97
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: vFacts October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The "backlash" was a load of garbage though, as they had to increase Raptor production due to demand. Buyers had no issue, just internet tossers who wouldn't buy one anyway.
There was actually a shortage of wheels and Bridgestone tyres for RR and ours were reallocated away from other markets and they got replacement tyres.

Quote:
Not to say a bigger petrol engine wouldn't have been better, even the engineers were saying it deserved one, just that buyers weren't bothered by it, and if it was a fuel guzzler they probably wouldn't have bought it anyway.
Slow down,
the product offered with baby diesel had a good reception from those that wanted to buy it
but equally, a second power train would have increased sales as well.

That experience has galvanized Ford into realising that it's only catering for one side of the market...

Quote:
Toyota proved petrol V6's and V8's in big off roaders is a dead end here, by dropping Hilux V6 and Landcruiser petrol V8. As the manufacturers keep saying, and sales figures prove, is that we are a diesel market here when it comes to large SUV's/utes.
I actually hope Toyota thinks that, I really do because it will open up the field
completely for Ford, now that next gen Colorado platform has been cancelled.
The only other contenders are all those seriously over priced Full sized Pick Ups
that HSV and Walkinshaw are busy converting...
The Harrop V8 conversion for Colorado nearly doubles the price of the vehicle
it too will be toast in a couple of years...

Quote:
I think Amarok V6's high take up rate would have got some attention too.
The problem was that Amarok fizzed and wan't the force that people expected.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote