View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 10:51 PM   #267
MercuryT
Banned

Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey-AMG View Post
It’s the same with all marques. Plenty of people buy the entry level models because they can’t afford the model with all the fruit. There are plenty of badge thieves from all makes. M badges on non M cars. AMG badges on non AMG..... FPV badges on non FPV cars etc.... I’m waiting for the “N” badges to start appearing on standard i30 variants..

I think someone that wants a C200 Merc isn’t the buyer that would ever look at a KIA stinger anyway. Stinger is a performance car aimed primarily at the FPV / HSV gap. It didn’t work out, no shame as it was a good effort. It will likely disappear from our shores and is perhaps a missed opportunity for some. In the meantime that gap is well and truly filled as I see stacks of SS commodores and turbo FG falcons around the traps still. Stinger was just a square peg looking for a round hole. No matter how hard they try with it, it just won’t fit in here.
That's correct in various ways.

But equally It's opinion. Although I'd acknowledge their obvious quality and strengths. I'm sure your AMG is wicked and respect it massively. But I'd buy something else. (not that I can!)

Does that my opinion right? Of course not. Same as the bloke buying a basic Merc who doesn't know a thing about cars.

Good on him, if he's happy who cares. Equally, it doesn't actually mean it was the better choice, rather better for individual tastes and preferences.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote