View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #26
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default Re: 250 crossflow flat spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsy11 View Post
However after I timed this to 0 then started it was running I initially at maybe 6 degrees atdc was running like crap until I advanced it. Is that nornal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes it will run like crap if running atdc. Under load can burn the exhaust valves too.

The very least amout of advance should be what is stated in the manual. Those settings were very conservative and matched with the low cr and retarded valve timing of the day made for lethargic engines. I am assuming you have a stock camshaft.

I know a lot of things are being presented. List them and try 1 thing at a time and cross things off the list.

Pretty much everything that has been listed are possibilities.

I have my own order of things to try, but I want to avoid the "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario.

After you have gone through the list of tests here and if the problem persists, then I'll add my 2 cents if there is anything still to test.

Hang in there.

Make sure Peter has a chance to review your results vs tests.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote