View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 05:49 PM   #11
Topsy11

Default Re: 250 crossflow flat spot

Thanks Pete,

Bit more involved in checking my number 1 lead is actually pointing at number on the rotor than I thought. Your instructions make perfect sense. After I find true top dead center the rotor should be pointing at the number 1 lead. As i did check through the spark plug hole and had it at top dead center and used.the plug that the rotor was pointing at as number 1.
So no matter what after finding tdc the rotor will always point at number 1 lead.if it's not the harmonic balancer may have moved and not be in the correct position and checking with it sparking the way you suggest is truly the perfect way. I will do just this. To make sure it fires at the right time as well and get back to you.

As for the carby it puts a big squirt of fuel down its throat when I push the throttle. The.only part electrically I have not changed is the coil. Pcv is on it's way which I will connect as well but the hose is just sitting in the crank case hole for.the minute.i will get onto this as soon as I have time in the next day or 3
Topsy11 is offline   Reply With Quote