View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #65
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gen F HSV GTS Review, 0-100 in 4.4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
I think people get too wrapped up in the straight line sprint. HSV have gone to the effort of making the GTS about much more than the age old "mine is two tenths quicker than yours" mentality that plagues Aussie car culture. It could have the 6.2 NA in it and I would still want one. My XR6T has only ever cracked 12s, but I enjoy it for all the suspension work I've done to it which has made it a great driver's car. Blasting through the mountains in a well set up package is about as much fun as you can have in a car. HSV is offering this experience straight out of the showroom, yet so many people are only looking at what it can do in a straight line. That's like buying a powerful computer just to play Hearts.

Recognising how good the GTS package is doesn't make you a Ford traitor, it just means you're a car enthusiast. As much as I'm attracted to the GTS, you could just as easily buy a 65 kay GT, spend $10k on springs/shocks/bushes/bars, wider rear wheels, good rubber and still be ahead of the GTS from a value standpoint. It's just impressive that HSV seems to have done it straight out of the box, with the addition of all the cooling which if you've ever pushed hard, you know the car needs around a circuit (or an extended mountain road), plus the torque vectoring which I'm yet to try but it sounds awesome.
Well said mate.

Personally, i like the GTS. Look likes a good all round package, has heaps of power/torque and from the limited reviews handles well too. Hasn't this been one of the complaints from many about Holden/Ford for years on end.

HSV have finally brought out what looks to be a fantastic overall package, and it's still not enough for some people.

People can compare the cars to each other, or even euro's all they like, but realistically the people who can afford them won't really give a rats. I doubt some one wanting a C63 will care if the GTS is a little quicker.

Anyway, it makes my decision a tough one next year... Tempted to go a low km GT, throw a tune, exhaust, injectors and intercooler at it plus some nice coilovers and have a great package.

On the other hand, i could pay 20-30k more and have a very nice overall package from the factory.

Lets not forget that the GTS also comes with a heap of tech. Some of it might be a bit of a w*nk, but none the less, it's there.

I'm really looking forward to when these are available and a few of the owners take them to the track and start tinkering with them.

I really hope that FPV produce one last GT next year, with an upgraded interior and similar tech to the GTS... Not holding my breath though!
2 users like this post: