Thread: Kidney stones!
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
basteve
real aussies drive aussie

Default Re: Kidney stones!

Oh my God. You poor thing. I hope it passes very soon. i had one start on the 26th april 2012. First indication blood in urine and lots of it. Did not tell my wife till next day because I thought it may be cancer. Went to GP and he ordered a cat scan and yes its a kidney stone, phew.

Thats good i say because i had bowel cancer in 2007 and thought this blood may be a recurrance..... lucky it was'nt....but the kidney stone is bloody torture. Went to urologist an he said it should pass in about a week so had an appointment to see him four weeks from initial consultation. He prescribed a script that increases the size of the urether and shrinks the prostrate, its used for prostrate cancer... Well had excruciating pain day after day passing heaps of blood. Went back to gp he said not much can be done.

Just have to wait to pass. Days pass and still the stone refuses to go. Blood in bowl and lots of urgency to urinate but nohting passes only drops of blood. Felt like a knife being twisted in my side. It also felt like when you get whacked in the balls. Taking heaps of painkillers but none really worked. i thought well this is it im gonna die. My wife rings my urologist he advises go to emergency dept. They rescan me and determine the stone has not moved since last scan three weeks ago. bloody hell. they transfer me to a hospital that has a urology dept at 12,00 pm at night via ambulance.

Im being prepared for a procedure under anesthetic called lithotripsy in the morning at 10.00am. The stone is broken up into pieces using laser. Several hours later they remove the catheter. That's when all my problems start again. Unbearable pain is back. Im given 2 Endone tablets that gets rid of the pain. For the next three days pain is crazy. Get back to emergency days later for re scan. All shows ok. I have now a script for Endone at home. Thats the only medication that works.

For the next 5 days my pain is crazy after procedure i thought its all behind me now.. After the sixth day the stone seems to have passed. I pray for no one to ever get a kidney stone, but prayers seem to be ignored. This episode started on 26th April 2012 and lasted till 7 June 2012. I hope you will not go through this. My stone was 6mm x 5mm in size. Im happy it was not cancer.

Last edited by basteve; 18-06-2012 at 10:52 PM.
basteve is offline   Reply With Quote