View Single Post
Old 18-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #123
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

I think the lungs have definitely started to clear out now.

I've been doing a bit of reading online as I think the last few days I've been feeling a bit down and annoyed at the world. Also haven't been sleeping much. A quick google helped me out there though - did you know a smoker metabolizes caffiene at about double the speed of a non-smoker? So now I'm not smoking, all that coffee I used to drink is now just keeping me awake at night!

Food has started to taste a little better now, and my sense of smell has come back - I picked up a couple of things at work the other day I wouldn't have got a month or so ago.

I do feel a lot better physically for it although I think mentally I'm suffering a bit, but am trying to push through it.

Last night was a great test that I passed with flying colours. Every now and then I catch up with an older mate of mine, head to his place, listen to records, talk ****, drink coffee and smoke. I was sitting there in his lounge with him smoking six feet away from me, and while there were a couple of times I thought to myself that a smoke would be nice, I just let the thought pass naturally and didn't participate in smoking. It was good as now I've proven that I can condition myself to be around smokers without having the need to join in.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote