View Single Post
Old 31-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Spurious

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Why is it that the majority of young P platers still learning how to shave properly, have a need to be in front?
Unfortunately humans in general are competitive.

One of the traits I have noticed over the years, along with the "I wanna be in front" one is...

... the small car syndrome. Otherwise known as SCS.
This is where you happen across someone driving, let's say a Suzuki swift or a Kia, whom has this belief that their car is in fact an enormous V8 that should not nor cannot be held back.
I see this trait often. Let's say I am on the highway (110k zone) & I am actually sitting on 115kph. It's just a matter of time before some nitwit in a small 3 cylinder box sees me, catches me & then passes me. Then they slow to the limit...until of course an overtaking opportunity arises in which case they accelerate once again so it's not feasible to pass them.

The SCS sufferer also has a tendency to enter a highway from a slip lane only to dive straight in to the fast lane & tailgate the first vehicle they come across.

The SCS sufferer is most commonly a female, in a vehicle displaying P plates (& numerous dents & undercoated panels) that usually has less horsepower than a ride on mower!

On rare occasions you will see an SCS sufferer who possesses a senior citizens card.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote
10 users like this post: