View Single Post
Old 16-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #23
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: need a new horn the OEM horn suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Going on the number of stars though .... I think his word started with F moreso than R. A completely new meaning.
it did indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
What do you mean by it's not as instant on as you would like?
its the initial starting point of the horn, it's an ever slightly slow operation of the horn and not instant like, enough for those who are picky to pick it up. Like the difference of a incandescent bulb turning on and off compared to an LED. So response time. The delay in the initial Air flow needing to build up can be influenced by the wiring to the pump from being simply too small for the pump.

It's just that I'm (in the interim) using the stock plug, wiring ans system (and tiny 0.50mm˛ at that) to power the pump and have yet to change that with the supplied relay (so direct battery feed) and use 2.5mm˛ wiring rated for 20A to match the 18A draw of the horn. So whilst the standard system can be used fine to operate the horn it's not optimum for it if you're chasing the full performance.

If you watch/listen to the Stebel YT clip mine isn't as sharp as that (not bad and not far off, but still not the same, again bulb-LED) I need to finish it off with full battery feed is all. Hope that helps explain it better.

Stebel Nautilus
https://youtu.be/Qhq8AcnukZE

$44 is much nicer than $160.