View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
falconutex2
Starter Motor

Question 62 Fairlane ID problem

Hi Guys, great invaluable site. Forgot I even joined this site a while ago but I have a recent issue thats testing my patience and want to put it out there. Ive recently purchased a 62 Fairlane 500 (unregistered and sitting for years) to play with and it needs work (surprisingly). My issue is that the engine bay has been sanded and painted a few times and the ID code (7 or 8 digits?) near the passengers side firewall is illegible, there is a tag on the shock tower (assembled by Ford Australia with prefix, serial no, trim etc) that starts off with a prefix 1S462 then a serial no of 4 digits. None of this looks like what is stamped on the body or sounds compatible with the research Ive done on the net so far. A Cortina site said the ID format changed in the early 60s and Ford Australia records before 1969 have been destroyed. It still has a NSW rego sticker from 1984 with a serial no. on it. Can anyone pleeeease help me with this ID and how to go about getting it rectified before I do much more work on it. A gold star to anyone who can, cheers!

falconutex2 is offline   Reply With Quote