Thread: AFF Statistics
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
What happened in September to cause the massive jump in bandwidth there Russell? Any speculation on that?
I suspect it was the change in server location which meant that the backup was not going to a server on the same subnet as it used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Any idea on how this compares with other forums both here in Aus and intenationally. I know about the big boards link below that I occasionaly look at. Seems AFF steady rise has stabilised somewhat around 700 (by wkly post count) but is much higher on other criteria.
It is the second most active forum in Australia (behind Whirlpool) and globally ranks in the top 10 for automotive forums. The BB ranking for activity globally is around 85th of the 1800 they monitor; the page views about 65th and the average on line about 80th. Not a bad effort. The ranking of around 700 is unlikely to change as it is based on total post count and some of the Japanese game forums have in excess of 50 million posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
If that includes pre-July '07 posting then the results might be skewed there. If those bars for all the clubs represented above could all be split beyond July '07 you'd get a more up-to-date version of statistics.
As they come from the overall data it would be difficult to split them on that basis but I agree with your basic point that the percentage mix would change.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote