Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #349
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

The reason i used the 25cc homelite to experiment with the fuel mix is i had never seen it run and it was free, so if it blew up, i dont care. Yesterday with my hueys cooking adventures style splash of this, pinch of that fuel mix i only did a test section of edges. Not knowing the fuel mix in a 2 stroke can be risky to the motor. So today i put the little homelite to the test. Not to risk it i started it and let it warm up on the unknown mix whilst i put line on the spool. Then i topped the tank up with the over oiled fuel from the bum jerry. It ran fine but deffinately was burning more oil then it should be. Proper blue haze, but its probably better burning more oil then not enough. Worst case it would foul the plug. But it didnt. The tester was a few hundred metres of edges that werent that bad and it did well. Its light, a lot lighter then my 30cc, but it bogs a bit with the heavier stuff. Thats nothing bad, smaller motor with less power. The real test was the section beside the turning circle at my house. So i own a battle axe property. 55m driveway which is 2 concrete pads so 5 edges to edge and theres a turning circle at the top. Between the concrete of that and the fence between my block and the backyard of the house in front the small strip of grass is to thin to fit a mower. You cant see it off the street so neither the bloke who rents my granny flat or myself have done anything about that section for probably 18 months. The grass had grown over the concrete by quite a bit. In spots up to a meter. Thick runners too. Yeah, the 25cc bogged a bit at times but hacked through it. I picked up what i could with the mower and rake, but for the best part the dirt on the concrete was almost a garden bed. So i did the illegal and preassure washed the dirt away, to deter the grass.
So im still left with 1 problem. The 4L of bum mix in my pre mix tank. Im not an eco terrorist so i need to dispose of it somehow responsibly start again. Option 1 is simply work out the tank capacity on my snipper then work out the 1 to 50 and oil it every tank. That will work but it doesnt solve the issue of the bum jerry. Option 2 is wing it and be unscientific and add an unknown quantity of 98 to the bum jerry, but i really dont want to kill anything. And option 3 is more plausable, put a splash here and there in my 4 stroke mower when i fill it up with 98 just to burn it off, but i dont like that idea because my mower has never had any issues and i dont want to create any issues with it.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote