Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2019, 09:36 PM   #339
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Im at a bit of a loss here. Last week my snipper was running like a champ. Id snip, shut it off then pick it up with my mower. Then my snipper stopped. It has spark, proven by the basic test of pull the plug and ground it to the block. It has fuel as it floods, and has air. Anyhow, venting my frustrations yeaterday to my brother, he mentions he has a snipper that his neighbor gave him as whilst it was new 2 years ago and running, he had no use for it. My brother has no grass either. Its a homelite. Its not good in the sence that they are good, but being the even cheaper version if ryobi which is what my annoyance is, parts are the same. So yes the fuel lines were rotted and i pulled out the lines from mine that are new. It has spark. The fuel mix is the same at 1 to 50. Most parts are the same. But no bueno. Doesnt run. My conspiracy theory now is the reed valve is shot. As in everything else plastic or rubber on both has failed, hence the wet plugs etc. Being a 2 stroke the intake enters into the crank case before the cylinder (proven when i had the carb off my 30cc). So is that a completely stupid theory?

Last edited by .:4:.; 23-06-2019 at 09:50 PM.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: