View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 11:54 PM   #971
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Gym junkies being weak? Image not translating into being capable of work due to last nights sesh? Yeah, seen that. It annoys me. Just because you bench 140, doesnt translate to actual work. When i show up these blokes at work with my anohrexic preying mantis frame with dad bod thrown on top and they ask what i bench. My response is i bench fat bitches. That shuts them up fast. I also do this thing that is these days unthinkable. At work i disconnect from anything personal and focus on the task at hand. None of this glued to a phone business. Work ethic is really hard to find these days. Its bred out i reckon. The acceptance of failure and personal image is a major factor in that. Work = house. House=work. House=expensive. Expensive=work. House= not renting. Rent=gets more expensive. So the rental market is for fools. Why cop it and complain. Granted i can control my income. Overtime is available. But for a salary, be good at the job, get yourself into such a state where the company will take a hit if you leave then ask, well, tell, for more. Things do not magically happen.
I don't want hard workers, I want smart workers and I want people with initiative - the latter is rare.

I don't mind people bludging as long as they get the work done and they can do process improvement, step into other roles and show initiative to think on their feet, we've got what you would term 'hard workers' in our production facility, mostly old blokes.

But they're all running out the door at 4PM when the siren goes and they've never tried to improve anything in their lives, one guy has been out there for 15 years and knows nothing other than the one product he has been assembling for 15 years, how do you work somewhere for 15 years and only learn one thing? Technically he's a hard worker but he's not worth the wages, he would be the first on my hit list if I was running the show, we've sacked 20 blokes on our production floor and we're turning out significantly more work than we ever have in the past - they're being managed by someone with a god damn clue in structure and organisation.

They work hard, but they've never lifted a finger to improve production methods, cross train, self improve etc, the majority of the workforce on the production floor, I can do their job, they can't do mine.

Chinese people work hard too, and they work hard for a 10th of what our production staff get paid, but they don't value add - so value add.

With me last year I didn't even ask for more money they just threw an extra 10% at me, I didn't even ask for a review.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-10-2019 at 12:05 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: