View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #29
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: All-New Camry revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Its funny how tastes are forced to change when the Australian manufacturing plants close down.

Its like being stranded on an island with only men around. Eventually you're going to be all like "Well... theres only men around here, I don't have much choice now do I? I guess they look ok. They will still get the job done, and they even have a few extra 'features' than what I'm used to."

Apologies, its the best analogy I could come up with for purchasing a Camry.
Hmmmm. I get what you were trying to say, but the other option would be drowning yourself. I'd rather think of it like arnotts shape's. When they canned the original shapes I just beared the new crap ones, no other options (the originals were going for heaps on ebay, kind of like desirable old cars) but with enough complaints they bought the old ones back. Unfortunately complain all you like that's not going to happen with the Australian car industry. Unless the market sees a need for a somewhat white good (I'm loosely referring to large rwd sedans like the falcon etc) with any serious go fast options, they won't waste their time. Wagons are pretty much dead (yes there is the mondeo wagon, and the commodore sport wagon, but compared to the vz wagon or bf wagon they aren't the same size wise) because apparently you need the extra driveline resistance and ride height of a 4wd/suv to drive on sealed roads.

Last edited by .:4:.; 11-01-2017 at 07:02 PM.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote