View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #128
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflac52 View Post
Speed involved in a crash = 3882 means absolutely nothing!

The only way to make this statement factual is to take the total number of crashes involving every vehicle in every crash for a year and use that as the total. Speed is involved in every crash simply because vehicles have to move to come in contact with each other.

The statement has no relevance to safety in its current form.

You may as well state that speed is involved in 3882 eggs being broken annually when they are dropped.
In the NSW doc I posted above, the definition of speed is on pdf page 11.

@b0son, my mistake, the wording should have been 'contributing factor' and if NSW report it as speeding, it removes distraction, fatigue etc.

Re the QLD article, it's obviously a cut down report so won't have the legal definition of speeding, it simply is not BS because it doesn't have that info.

I noticed nobody responded (except for Blue Shadows great post ) to my question re where the $$'s goes, presumably it's to line overpaid pollies and the Secret Policeman's annual ball? OR -
https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/saf...speed/cameras/

What's the answer if speed cameras are simply revenue raisers? should they all be removed? pretty sure that would then allow us all to finally speed in peace...
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote