View Single Post
Old 24-03-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Ford AU/BA/FG Brake upgrade

I've just replaced the suspension on the XR8 with stock height Kings springs and the shocks with Koni's. While pulling everything apart I thought I might upgrade the brakes next.
It currently has the stock AU S3 XR8 brake package, albeit with grooved discs and better pads.
From researching various threads I've found the BA/BF XR8/Turbo fronts are a direct fit. I've found the BA/BF XR6 calipers are identical to XR8/Turbo but require larger carriers for larger discs. So with that in mind, do the front brake hoses have to be changed from AU S3 to BA/BF?

The rears I've found I'll either have to fit BA/BF ute/wagon backing plates or shim the caliper with 2-5mm washer to fit the single piston BA/BF caliper to the IRS rear end. Are the brake hoses the different between AU and BA/BF calipers?
However I may have come across some Territory rear calipers. I would imaging brake lines would be different but what else is needed for those to fit? Do the calipers need to be swapped to opposite sides? (left to right & right to left for the calipers to fit).
Has anyone actually done this conversion who knows exactly whats required? Am I better of with the stock package, BA BF XR8/Turbo package or go the BA/BF Turbo fronts/FG/Territory rears?
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote