View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #29
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
not seen those rubber spacers before... interesting idea, not really needed, but interesting.

I have a frame that i needed to remove all the plugs from the fc to get it to fit, a proper lowrider! that was an interesting build! Looking forward to building the 6s rig though. (thats 6s battery, not 6inch frame) Smaller mah but longer flight times.

Definately upgrade the gimbals. I run a m9-r on the throttle and a normal m9 on the other. Wouldnt change it for anything now.

what rx and vtx and fc you using?

and added to the group. Ask as many daft questions as you want there as thats what the group is for!
Thanks, great stuff

Rx is a FrSky XSR.
VTX is a TBS Unify Pro 5G8 HV.
FC is a Mateksys F405-AI0 (FC and PDB in one).

I am starting off with 3S packs...

I started off in Electronics back in the '80s. I was a tech in the Defence Force and then got into IT. Did some RC stuff before I had kids in the early 90s, cannot believe how unbelievably small everything is now...

...and comparatively it's cheap as chips

The main issue I have is I live 80km from Melbourne CBD and there are no decent hobby shops. Everything is mail order...

Secondary issue is that due to staring at screens for 30+ years my eyes have had enough and I am now long-sighted and wear glasses. FPV goggles don't accommodate long-sighted people very well, I have FatShark Transformer HD goggles that should be adjustable enough for me to get away with my glasses underneath (they work ok around the house)...

...either that or I get used to contacts.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote