View Single Post
Old 22-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #55
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Default Re: Home Theatre systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Yamaha RX-A3000 Receiver (used to drive the mains and centre speaker only)
Yamaha BD-A1010 Blu Ray
Yamaha CDC 685 CD Player
Rotel 5 channel 125 wpc (all channels driven) power amp to drive the rear surrounds and front effects
Pioneer DVD-R
Foxtel HD PVR
Denon Tape Deck
JVC VHS VCR
Apple TV (160gb) with about 18000 songs and 350 music videos.
QNAP Server 12TB Raid 5 (9TB Capacity)
Klipsch RF 35 Mains
Klipsch RC 35 centre
3x Klipsch RS Rear
Klipsch SB 1 Front effects
Yamaha YST 1500 1000w sub.
70 inch Sony LED RP TV

I want to get a "Popcorn hour" media player to interface with the QNAP.

I like Klipsch RF speakers because they are very efficient and detailed. I get about 110db when playing Queen Live at Wembley. Clear with no distortion (No, I don't play things that loud all the time) They speakers I have are now superseded by the RF-82. (8 inch drivers)
I live on a 5 acre block so do not annoy anyone. Paradigm speakers are also fantastic.

One thing to remember is that modern receiver power ratings are a con. They are not quoted with all channels driven like the old school stuff. You should look at the units power supply rating and divide it by the number of channels to give you a rough estimate of real grunt. If you can, get a separate power amp to take some of the load.

I would have preferred to drive my front stage off the power amp but the receiver does not allow me to assign the amps for the front effect if I do that. The later RX-A 3020 and 3020 does.

I have just retired a fantastic Yamaha RX-V3300 receiver only because it didn't switch HDMI and did not connect into a network. Sounds awesome though.

Oh, and the sub is at almost minimum volume. I like to feel it rather than hear it if you know what I mean.

Steve
Nice rig Steve. Your Rf82's are nearly identical in spec to my rf5's. I love my horns and IMO their sound quality is hard to beat for movie and concert blurays.
What are you replacing the rxv3300 with?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote