View Single Post
Old 22-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #1104
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Do you mind if I ask whether you are still doing face to face therapy or are you doing it through skype / zoom? If doing it through skype / zoom are you finding it as effective as face to face?

T3rminator - I'm doing face to face therapy. I have done a few random phone sessions years ago but they were 'once-offs' with which ever phone support person was available. I prefer face to face but at a crisis point I took whatever was available. I'm in NSW so we aren't restricted to phone only (yet)

In good news, I managed to make it to my appointment. There was a misunderstanding with the ex, I thought she wanted me to take the kids for a few hours, she thought I would have my daughter for a few days. I had a work commitment today so I wouldn't have been able to do the school duties. I think it has worked for the better as they had to sort out their issues rather than my daughter having an easy out of running to me after every disagreement and the ex having an easy out of sending the kids to me when they have a falling out.

I had a go at EMDR with the therapist - no idea how it supposedly works, but he claims to have results. I don't have major trauma, just a few lingering issues that I would rather not think/dream about so I can get on with things.