View Single Post
Old 19-03-2021, 10:00 PM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Stalled MB TDCi this time it looks like I've got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
Interesting looking at the fault codes. Have I read it right that there might be a problem with the torque converter clutch solenoid, or was that message caused by the sensor you replaced?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

I think (yet to verify) that the engine stall and what ever the missus did to get it started (be it in neutral still rolling in traffic and turn of the key) has tripped the error and the ABS error in one foul swoop. We've not had any trans problems and I've religiously kept up on replacing the trans fluid every 2nd service, only dropping the plug and refilling to the level plug. Have been doing this since my first trans service (3 flushes) back when I made that thread about it here in the forum. I've also seen that ABS error on previous stalling events (which haven't ever shown up outside of stalling) which is why I'm not concerned as much.

She's had the car since Monday and it's back to it's lovely self so she says. Save of the AC not working which I got a quote from Ford for the compressor so I'm getting on it.

In any case it's a matter of bum in seat time and wait and see what faults. Which is the nicer side to be on when it comes to an ongoing problematic issue.

Last edited by cobrin; 19-03-2021 at 10:05 PM.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote