View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:27 AM   #42
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Single use plastic bag ban by govmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Why did they decide to charge 15c for the new bags? They shot themselves in the foot.
I read somewhere where they only cost a couple of cents to make.
It would have made much more sense from a marketing point to keep them as 'free' and just do what they normally do - add a couple of cents here and there on their products.
No idea, Woolworths were charging for the bags yesterday I paid 30 cents for two bags, apparently Coles will be giving them away for free to start with and then sell them after an introductory period.

But my point is they have replaced plastic bag with plastic bags, and are now charging us for them, and I am certain people being people that most will not really treat these bags any different, and will simply pay the money for the bags on a weekly basis.

These new bags use 5-10 times the resources to produce, and will take 20 times the time frame to break down. These numbers are estimates I have found since reading up about this last night.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

This user likes this post: