View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:00 AM   #39
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Single use plastic bag ban by govmint

Basically it's a con and the only winners are the supermarkets.

Went to pick a few things up from Woolworths after work yesterday and they had no more free plastic bags, but you now had to buy plastic bags for 15 cents each.

They called the old bags single use, but most were not single use, I used them to take my lunch to work, to store the dogs meat in the fridge and then finally as garbage bags.

Now I have to buy plastic bags to use at the shop, mind you these bags take about 5-10 times the energy and resources to produce. I will now also have to buy garbage bags (which really are single use bags.)

So now we have no more 'free' bags which were not really free as the price of the bags was incorporated into your grocery prices, now grocery prices have not gone down but we now have to buy bags on top, so the shops are now doubling and tripling up selling us plastic bags and garbage bags.

And people being people, in a few months down the track most people won't bat an eyelid at paying 30-50 cents a bag (yes I am certain they won't stay at 15 cents) and nothing would have changed for the environment, if anything things will be worse.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

10 users like this post: