View Single Post
Old 18-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #1118
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Well, im absolutely knackerd, not from the work i did this morning around the house. That alone made the chainsaw i bought yesterday pay for itself. Anyrate, the lady next door borrowed the ute from her work and her and her son, whos a mate of mine, were loading up the soft wood sections of the old fence. Half of that is mine so i gave a hand. I know she has some trees she wants down, and i said i now have a chainsaw. She asks if ill off the tree limb that leans on the new fence in the wind and creaks on my granny flat. I was happy to help, but not do the job on my own. So i gave my mate a crash course on the chain brake. So he was on the roof of my granny flat chopping down whatever small stuff he could reach, but the top section was too tall to section. Not to worry, i grabbed the 30m rope out of my boat so tied that on and tge big section fell away from people and property. The rest wasnt bad at all. So next door set off to empty their ute and i took 5 for a well deserved beer. Didnt get far into it. The phone rings. Its my mate from next door. A tree had fallen down at his mums work blocking the driveway. Can i bring over the chainsaw. So the lady next door had already taken photos and sent them to the boss, so come monday she will be looking really good at work for that. So as it is what you do, i helped cut that thing down. So the thing i bought yesterday is into its 3rd tank of fuel and second tank of bar oil. Its had a workout. But my yard is looking good, next doors yard is looking good also. Its a colborative effort but it shows. So i wasnt planning for a day of pretty solid labour, but a lot has been done. Going pub with my mate next door later. Stepping through the door will feel great.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: