View Single Post
Old 13-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What made you feel good today?

Poached this idea from other forums I'm on, but thought AFF could do with a WMYFGT thread.

Basic premise is a free-for-all thread for members to discuss what particular event/thing made you feel good today, include pics if possible (as long as they're appropriate).

I'll start.

Sooooo I'm currently in Broome for a week for my mum's 60th. We didn't exactly get off to the best start. Got here first thing yesterday morning and jumped into the rental car, a Pajero, that felt and sounded like a flogged out site car. Then got to the hotel and our room wasn't ready and, as we quickly discovered, service was going to take on an interesting definition...Then the aircons in our room broke, which for anyone who hasn't been to Broome before...it's pretty bloody essential up here!

Step-dad called up and complained about the car, so they arranged to meet us back down at the hire place and we, literally, got given a brand new Pajero with only 8kms on it...much better.

Spent a lot of the day waiting around for the aircon to be sorted, with very little in the way of communication from the hotel admin. Eventually it got fixed and the guy said he'd check back in the morning. Woke up to completely broken aircon this morning...much less better.

Folks complained this morning and pretty much told them either they sort it out or we'd go somewhere else (bear in mind this is the quiet season, so not like there's people lining up to get in and we'd been rather underwhelmed by the lack of service we'd received so far). When we came back after breakfast got told we were getting an upgrade to a suite...and by god did we get an upgrade! Massive over-compensation, but we're definitely not complaining! We're much happier now and my folks have stopped stressing and are starting to unwind, finally.

Check this place out!

graphicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
14 users like this post: