View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Default Re: Limitation of stock Brembo pads revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Chris I normally run ds2500, had many sets of them. When I installed the brake upgrade I removed the Brembo pads, wore out a set of ferrodos very quickly... Three track days in quick succession, so re-installed the oe pads. Was feeling a little tight at the time.

I burn through pads and discs regularly (as do you) and it gets mighty expensive (as you know lol)

I've dropped back a grade of pad this time around, back to "ds performance", they aren't quite as good as 2500 but not bad, had them before. I don't circuit the car as much now-days, just don't have as much spare cash to burn now my little bloke has come along!

The pads pictured were still stopping the car, dragged it recently and they were pulling me up, although extra pedal effort was required lol. I do not recommend running on pads as degraded as those pictured, I was obviously shocked when I removed them. No obvious signs of degradation prior to removal, although a week or two ago I did note the wheels were covered in grit as well as dust... The grit was obviously pad lining doh!
Thought it was odd you running some OE pads.

I keep 'not track day worthy' pads for when I need a set for street or emergency (ie. oh **** I've run out of pad today) duties.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: