View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 08:58 PM   #3008
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
That is disheartening.
I have been a member of the local tidy towns group (which is made up of retirees) for 9 years, and I am sick of collecting other people’s rubbish on our working bee days.
Plastic drink bottles, pizza containers, Maccas boxes and all the other debris left by the younger generation that wants us to save the world. Beer and alcohol cans surprisingly are absent.
A couple of months ago, I drove past one of our projects and saw a pile of rubbish, which turned out to be a huge boxful of dirty nappies and used tampons. I cleaned it up and put it in the community waste bin. Probably not the correct hazmat procedure ….. but.
This year’s ‘clean up Australia’ day will be done without me …….. I’m over it.
Disheartening is an understatement. I mow these lawns fortnightly, I spend just as much time cleaning up other peoples rubbish than I do cutting the bloody grass. The things I have found discarded over with little regard for the person who ultimately does the right thing is absolutely pathetic and disgusting.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: