View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #601
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Admit your Garage Mistakes

I had a family car Laser that needed the handbrake adjusted, was so bad in the end it had no bite whatsoever. Never really found the time to get around to it, and just parked it on a flat surface and left it in gear. I was the only one driving it at that point so was conscious of the situation and made sure I allowed for it. Parked at the top of the driveway after getting home from work (flat area) but forgot to leave it in gear, came out about half and hour later and the bloody car was gone, in a rage some ranting to the wife someone stole the car ensued, we came out to survey the situation and after having a loud conversation the wife says, whats that in the backyard across the road? I looked to see the front of the Laser sticking out of a fence. Walked over and found the Laser had rolled down the drive, across the road, neatly navigated the neighbours carport (it was a double), through the fence behind the carport, and landed in his lovely coi carp fishpond. Note: no fish appeared to die from this incident once car was extracted.