Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #4174
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I keep hearing/reading about people dying and the argument is whether they died of Covid, or some other pre existing condition. See post #4148 for example.

So I put forward a scenario of a 55 year old male with a pre existing condition, who contracted Covid. Then died.

What was the reason for his death? Curious as to peoples thoughts.
Different regions are reporting this differently.

I have a friend who works in the NHS in the UK. As a general rule of thumb, they will presume and count it as CV19, if the patient had CV19, regardless of whether they had pre-existing condition. During the height of the pandemic, in some cases, health workers were so scared to enter aged care homes, they will just count it as CV19, and get external parties to remove the bodies. This is just what my NHS mate is telling me, I have no hard evidence to back this up. I believe this method of counting is the same in the US where hospitals get reimbursed from the government for CV19 cases, but not for other causes.

In Asia I'm hearing that they will only count CV19 if they believe it is the main contributing factor. How they determine that I don't know. This is just from what relatives living in those regions are telling me, I haven't found any data to back this up.

Not sure how it is done here.
2 users like this post: