View Single Post
Old 14-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #14
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Electric steering rack replacement (newbie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfee03 View Post
Ok cool.

Can anyone help- how can I get the part number of my steering rack without removing it/any parts from my Focus?

Also, I've contacted "westernpowersteering.co.uk" who confirm that the part will match my car (they checked the VIN). Anyone had experience with them? I presume this is "safer" than buying from a wrecker?

The item:

https://shop.westernpowersteering.co...63/FORFER.html

Is there a quicker way to check the VIN against the part number- or only by calling the dealerships? Calling a dealer or some on here have access to that information to check and will help you out.

Also, I'm still confused about the part number. Ford told me "HV6Z3504EW". So should that be a sticker on the part itself?
Like I said the part itself on a car will have a number on it like you showed in the Ebay pic you posted. Now that number is generally the engineering number. The engineering number can sometimes also be the spare parts part number, but sometimes the spare parts number you order from the parts place or dealer can be totally different. Once you get under the car and locate that sticker it will have either HV6V spare parts number or a totally different engineering number which will have to looked up to see if it cross references to your number. This will also be done to any other rack you might think of purchase from a wrecker or the alike.

To give you an example:

Falcon shock absorber has an engineering part number of 8R29-18045-GD written on the label, but the service part number is BG 18045 G so they are not always the same, but can be.

Suggest you get the part number off the rack on your car and go from there!! That would be your first step.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote