View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Electric steering rack replacement (newbie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfee03 View Post
Hmm... sadly I can't afford a new one, really keen to find an alternative.
  • Is there another part number I can search by (eg one from the UK?).
  • Is there a "safe" way to buy one from a wrecker (eg certain from year or somethin)?
  • Any outside of the box solutions? Eg reconditioning the old one or something?

Ta
Like the ebay pic, you will need to find that on your rack and write that number down an search via that number as most would not know the service part number when they remove the rack. The number on the rack is the engineering number.

No safe way unless the wrecker guarantees the item is safe and will work in the vehicle. Try and avoid one from a vehicle thats been in a major crash as it cold have impact damage to the rack.

As far as I am aware the electric racks are not rebuildable, you could try someone like Active Power Steering in Marrackville and they would confirm. Other than that you can do as they used to say (if your old enough) and let you fingers do the walking through the yellow pages lol!!

Good luck!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote