View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #51
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

as for the question about the worthiness of investing in solar just let me say this

if, like I was, you are currently paying $150 per month for power bills (average 10 kilowatts per day x 30 days + supply charges

if, for instance you placed that money into an "interest free" payment scheme, remembering you have killed your power bill.

after 30 months you have paid for the solar array and you no longer have power bills

as for say $13,000 is too much to pay.....you are going to give the same amount or probably more to the power companies anyway so why not place that money into solar and reap the benefit yourself?

stand alone power is very achievable but expensive because of the batteries and other electronic paraphernalia that goes along with it to keep the sparks running along the wires....Z80 seems to have a solution that makes sense

I remember "free light" and it's big heavy truck batteries.....and of course the kero fridge and ice box then kero lights.....I guess we could go back to that if we really wish

HMMmm! wonder where i would get a kero, 60" plasma tv from???

can't comment on the cost of solar hot water, my son has it but his daily bathing rituals are different than mine, office worker so showers in the AM

cost of construction is unknown to me

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote