View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #16
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: VicRoads part privatisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I've got no experience with NSW but I'm surprised you've had a good run with a local council, mine is chock full of tin pot Hitlers and they're not too friendly unless you're a certain family of property developers then you can get away with murder.

I was supposed to pay for permits to have signage on my fences when I had my workshop, which of course I didn't do, the local cafe had its small A frame sign seized because they didn't have a permit for it
I initially had a similar experience when I first bought the land, local inspector came around telling me I had branches pilling up at the front of my property which was a fire hazzard, he backed off when I explained most of the branches were from their large overhanging tree and they needed to spend a lot of money to trim the tree back.
He said Ok thats fine sent the 4 in 1 tractor out the next day and took it all away to the tip.
I deal all the time with Heritage Victoria / NSW and local Gov building inspectors who have no experience what so ever in building in stone, which requires me to giving them adviceon the best way how to approach heritage building and restoration problems that spring up.

Vic councils are pretty good (sans Indigo) and listen to advice given, some NSW ones are dimwits.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote