View Single Post
Old 23-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #133
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsm
Haha might be joining you up that way soon. Doing the same thing.
Nice the ute made it down the track and went through the rivers no problems hell of a drive though, let me know when your up.

Now I'm up here I've gotta save my backside off with the plan to get the paint fixed and engine rebuilt before I'm back down there.

Radiator and flush of the brown sludge will be soon, then when I have the money the plan is to pull the engine out and do the paint and give the engine a birthday.

Was talking to my mechanic about it and he had all sorts of ideas Said he could probably lay his hands on a 351 crank, small cam, flat top pistons, new intake manifold (mentioned the edelbrock performer) and carby (600 to suit the extra cubes, do some machining in the head and do the valve system, suggested roller rockers if I can afford it. All pending condition of the block and head.

Does that sound like a good setup for a bit of grunt to go cruising with? I'm after something that's easily drivable and plenty of fun on the road. Also not a huge budget for it all so thats a consideration for me.

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote