View Single Post
Old 16-04-2020, 09:43 PM   #3125
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
in the previous global financial hoo haa I was out of work and offered a job. took it without asking too many questions, I lasted 8 hours and only that long as I had no way to get home at 2AM...job... cleaning out fat flues from fast food joints, literally climbing up the pipe, cleaning scraping fat off as you went, the smell of fresh air as you reached the roof was a pleasure.
I have not eaten a hamburger or fries from those places since, still almost puke when I pass one
Hmmmm, you bring back bad memories of grease traps. Last week doing a lighting run i said to my apprentice im not checking the grease trap room. He has never seen a grease trap. But was keen to. Chucked him the keys. I wish i had never seen a grease trap. They are putrid. The smell gets absorbed into your existance. And its not a good smell. This one is open, so no lid. There is a plank of wood over the centre of it. As expected my apprentice came out wanting to hurl and not entirely happy with the experience. Dunno how i managed to do it, but the light fitting above the trap i installed standing over that disgusting thing, keeping my balance on the greasy plank of wood, and also had to install the motion detector for that room. Everything is slippery and disgusting. The smell, its unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. When i changed the light fitting, i started at 5am. There was a membrane over the grease so it smelt bad. At 530 the kitchen was cooking and once that surface tension broke, it was the worst smell ever.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote