View Single Post
Old 15-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #35
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Re: Advice on buying BF Typhoon

A standard car is in no way an indication of a better car, plenty of standard cars are thrashed and trashed trying to keep up with modded cars or they just don't have the money to do the mods. A clean car only means someone is super @n@l about dirt and appearance.

Always get any car inspected and look for books and/or receipts for maintenance.

However cars, like any piece of machinery, can break unexpectedly regardless of how well it's been looked after and cared for.

I'd rather buy a modified car any day of the week simply because it's often thousands of dollars cheaper than doing the particular mods, in fact quite often you can find then at little more than standard cars. But then my thinking is different to most, the way I see it is this, I'm going to do these mods anyway so why not save a few dollars now and enjoy it. When things inevitably go bang spend the money saved to build the bullet proof equipment I had planned to do anyway.

So, long term I'm still well ahead of the pack on budget simply because I bought a car for little more than standard price with most of what I want anyway, then spend the savings on finishing it to my personal spec that I may not have been able to otherwise.

Everyone has their own process of thinking and justifies their decisions in their own way, so basically as long as you can justify it to yourself, not the pack, then do what suits you best.

edit: forgot about auto editing of certain words
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: