View Single Post
Old 23-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #124
cat1999
blueoval

Cougarboy
the fuel pump recall was in the us of a and ford Aust is not recalling it here even though we have had the same problems and the fed government is not enforcing the regulations upon ford to recall the car as they dont deem it to be an issue even though the problem may and can cause injur or even death I had my Cougar shut down on me at a speed of 90 kph at normal rpm fortunatley for the road is not normally busy and I was able to pull up safely

the governmant says as long as the can stop there isnt a problem but the problem is no engine means poor brakes and steering as there is no power to provide vacuum to the booster or hydralics to the steering and they say this is not a saftey issue
more like the government doesnt want to stand on the manufacturers toe's be it ford holden or who ever

also the imrc can and does get very hot and can stop functioning properly I noticed with my cougar that it was great when cold but when she got warm I lost the top end power found a post on an american thread that suggested to remove the duratec cover from the engine this helped to a small degree you could also relocate the imrc but you have to carefull as to were you route the cable

cpapashley

Dont forget that Jaguar also used this engine in their Rand X types. if you wont to pay big dollars that is
cat1999 is offline   Reply With Quote